MJ Church are now recruiting for a full time Workshop Manager to manage our fleet of large goods vehicles in accordance with our Operators licence. You will need to be A CPC qualified professional that is competent in all aspects of road transport management.
This role will be working Monday – Friday 7.00am-5.00pm, however it is essential that candidates are flexible to work outside of the normal core hours when required.
• Managing all transportation activities in accordance with O Licence requirements.
• Ensure all compliance, accreditations and FORS standard are kept up to date.
• Develop and implement a proactive, planned and structured approach to the maintenance of vehicles.
• Manage Repair & Maintenance contracts with various manufacturers, to carry out PMI’s at MJC site.
• Management and coordination of down time with manufacturers.
• Create new systems in workshop to drive efficiency. Put in software suitable to efficiently and effectively manage the workshop operations.
• Management of Workshop team including lead technicians, road technicians and build team.
• Ensure that all owned and hired equipment are compliant with all legal, regulatory and contractual requirements, and where necessary escalated to the Operations Director.
• Ensure compliance in regards to drivers’ hours and infringements.
• Monitoring transport costs and profit & loss for the LGV maintenance department.
• Procurement of parts and consumables, buy down on parts and drive down costs and use within the company.
• To be able to work within a larger team in an effective manner and promoting the company’s common purposes through established company policies, procedure and practises.
• General interaction with department managers and drivers.
• Hold supplier meetings with suppliers of services.
• Manage payroll, holidays, recruitment and any HR responsibilities.
• Training will be provided during induction and further training will be given throughout the course of your employment, to assist in progressing your career with us.
Skills and experience:
• Operators CPC In road transport.
• Management qualification desirable.
• Excellent geographical knowledge.
• Good people management and coordination skills.
• Excellent financial acumen.
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
• Extensive knowledge of the transportation industry.
• Good intuition to make crucial judgment calls.
• An excellent understanding of the English language, both written and verbal.
• Previous management experience.
• A confident and enthusiastic personality, with an ambitious and forward-thinking attitude.
• The ability to follow instructions and use your initiative to make logical decisions.
• Meticulous, precise attention to detail, with a desire to get things right the first time.
• An analytical mind and good mathematical skills and demonstrable confidence with numbers.
• Confident and proficient skills in the use of MS Office and using mobile technology in the field.
• Excellent communication skills and be extremely personable, polite and professional.
• Good time management with the ability to prioritise tasks.
• To be process driven and able to manage projects as required
• A clean (maximum of 3 pts) Full UK driving licence.
To apply, please send your CV to Kim Masterman (Recruitment Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call to discuss on 07917 512536.