Based in Chippenham, MJ Church operates in a multidisciplinary capacity and is one of the South West Region’s largest Civil Engineering, Earthworks and Waste Management Contractors. Established in 1974 by our Chairman Mike Church, we are a forward-thinking business, continuing to challenge the industry norm through investment, innovation and development. The foundation of our success is built on our greatest asset – our employees.
The future of MJ Church looks promising, with a secured pipeline of work for the next 5 years with Highways England; a substantial investment in a Materials Recycling Facility; and a project to create a 3.8 million m3 soil recovery site, the largest in the south west.
About the Role
MJ Church have a fantastic opportunity for the next Waste Compliance Manager to join our growing business. The Waste Compliance Manager role is a significant role to our business, and one who will lead and be a key personality within the management team. The aim to ensure MJ Church is following all ethical and legal requirements, staying up to date on relevant laws and regulations to maintain company compliance and provide technical advice.
This role will support the company across the different business functions but primarily with the soil recovery site, therefore a background in an aligned field or industry would be an advantage, with scope for further development and career progression for the successful candidate.
- Interpretation and classification of chemical analysis for waste recovery and disposal purposes,
- Determination of suitable recovery / disposal sites based on analysis and commercial advantage;
- Provide technical guidance to internal and external customers on their management of waste;
- Ensure permitted sites are compliant with environmental permit conditions;
- Produce or facilitate the development of plans and procedures related to environmental permits or material management plans;
- Planning and scheduling site testing of soils and water;
- Liaison with the Environment Agency.