At MJ Church, we have an opening for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our Contracts team on a permanent basis. Based at our offices on Saltersford Lane in Chippenham, and also out on site, we are recruiting for this role to commence in August 2021.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will have 2 direct members of staff reporting into you.
The standard working hours for this role are Monday to Friday 8.00am-5.30pm, with flexibility required to suit work.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to provide commercial support to the project team, ensuring compliance with contractual requirements, showing good professional acumen to ensure the profitability of projects with positive cashflow.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities will include;
- The efficient and effective management and issue of accurate, timely and compliant notices and correspondence.
- Identifying contractual and commercial risks and opportunities for the Project Director / Manager.
- Maintain registers of change, implementation of the Company’s commercial policies and procedures, appropriate for the form of contract.
- Liaise with the Employer’s commercial & project management team.
- Pre-Contract tender negotiations & reports where necessary.
- Produce monthly cost reports, forecasts and cost value reconciliations.
- Subcontract procurement.
- Prepare, review and complete subcontract documentation.
- Change management and cost control.
- Prepare and agree interim applications for payment.
- Prepare and agree final accounts with subcontractors.
- Manage subcontractors from initial placement of order to final account.
- Monitor and update Procurement Plan.
- Reconcile weekly plant, material, labour reconciliation against budget.
- Ensure accurate contemporary records are kept.
- Min 10 years commercial experience with knowledge and appreciation of roads, civils and earthworks
- Relevant degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- Experience using NEC forms of contract
- Tier 1 main contractor experience
For further details including salary and company benefits, please email your CV to Kim Masterman, Recruitment Manager, at email@example.com or call to discuss in the first instance on 07917 512536.