MJ Church are now recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join the Major Projects team based in Chippenham, Wiltshire. The role will be office based with visits to Construction sites as required.
This is a full-time and permanent role with the view to commence as soon as possible.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- The efficient and effective management and issue of accurate, timely and compliant notices and correspondence.
- Identifying contractual and commercial risks and opportunities for the Project Director / Manager.
- Maintain registers of change, implementation of the Company’s commercial policies and procedures, appropriate for the form of contract.
- Liaise with the Employer’s commercial & project management team.
- Pre-Contract tender negotiations & reports where necessary.
- Produce monthly cost reports, forecasts and cost value reconciliations.
- Subcontract procurement.
- Prepare, review and complete subcontract documentation.
- Change management and cost control.
- Prepare and agree interim applications for payment.
- Prepare and agree final accounts with subcontractors.
- Manage subcontractors from initial placement of order to final account.
- Monitor and update Procurement Plan.
- Reconcile weekly plant, material, labour reconciliation against budget.
- Ensure accurate contemporary records are kept.
- Minimum 4 years commercial experience with knowledge and appreciation of relevant sector
- Relevant degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- Experience using NEC forms of contract
To apply, please send your CV to Kim Masterman, Recruitment Manager, at email@example.com.