About the Role
MJ Church are pleased to announce that we are recruiting for an experienced Health, Safety & Environmental Advisor to join our growing Health & Safety department.
MJ Church operates in a multidisciplinary capacity primarily in the following sectors: Civil Engineering, Waste Solutions and Plant & Transport, therefore this is a great opportunity for the right candidate to have exposure and develop in new areas of expertise, with further career progression within the business available.
The successful candidate will operate across the business to deliver a diverse and rewarding support function, however primarily supporting our Waste Solutions and Plant & Transport division.
• Ensure compliance with MJ Church management system;
• Monitor & Advise departments in regards to legal compliance and industry best practice;
• Advise & assist in the development of Safe Systems of works;
• Work independently or in a team to meet specific requirements;
• Conduct training and cultural campaigns;
• Be a leader, one that inspires and upskills those around them;
• Chair meetings in regards to Health, Safety & Environment;
• Conduct Employee Consultations;
• Conduct proactive monitoring and reporting regimes in line with contract and business requirements;
• Record and Monitor KPI performance in line with business and contract requirements;
• Work closely with department heads and project personnel;
• Conduct accident, incident & near miss investigations;
• Work closely with our supply chain and clients to promote and deliver excellence.
• A pragmatic Problem Solver;
• Someone who takes pride in what they deliver, focusing on the detail;
• Be hungry to learn and develop;
• Capacity to work independently and as a team;
• Someone who poses questions where something is not clear;
• Give clear and concise information;
• Good understanding of legal framework and where to find information;
• NEBOSH General;
• Full UK Driving license.
• Minimum of 3 -5 years H&S experience;
• Member of IOSH: GradIOSH or working towards;
• Waste solutions, plant & transport experience;
• NEBOSH Environmental;
Competitive salary and package are on offer, aligned to candidate experience.
Please apply by calling Kim Masterman, Recruitment Manager, on 07917 512536 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org