Based in Chippenham, MJ Church operates in a multidisciplinary capacity and is one of the South West Region’s largest Civil Engineering, Earthworks and Waste Management Contractors. Established in 1974 by our Chairman Mike Church, we are a forward-thinking business, continuing to challenge the industry norm through investment, innovation and development. The foundation of our success is built on our greatest asset – our employees.
About the Role
MJ Church have a fantastic opportunity for the next Health, Safety & Environment champion to join our growing team, reporting directly to the Group Health & Safety Manager. The HSE Advisor role is a significant addition to our business, and one who will lead and be a key personality within the management team. The aim to drive continual improvement, innovation and change, in order to achieve excellence in delivery.
This role will support our Civil Engineering & Highways teams primarily, therefore a background in an aligned field or industry would be an advantage, with scope for further development and career progression for the successful candidate.
- Ensure compliance with MJ Church management system;
- Monitor & Advise departments in regards to legal compliance and industry best practice;
- Advise & assist in the development of Safe Systems of works;
- Work independently or in a team to meet specific requirements;
- Conduct training and cultural campaigns;
- Be a leader, one that inspires and upskills those around them;
- Chair meetings in regards to Health, Safety & Environment, providing a proactive and positive contribution;
- Conduct Employee Consultations;
- Understand and Advise on CDM 2015 related requirements;
- Conduct effective monitoring and reporting regimes in line with contract and business requirements;
- Record and Monitor KPI performance in line with business and contract requirements;
- Collaborate with department heads and project personnel;
- Conduct accident, incident & near miss investigations;
- Work closely with our supply chain and clients to promote and deliver excellence;
- Assist operational teams to provide HSE knowledge and expertise, demonstrating a hands-on approach to influence changes.
- A pragmatic Problem Solver;
- Someone who takes pride in all they deliver, focusing on the detail;
- Understanding of safe digging techniques and utility avoidance;
- Be hungry to learn and develop;
- Capacity to work independently and as a team;
- Give clear and concise information;
- NEBOSH – General or Construction;
- Full UK Driving license.
- Minimum of 3 years HSE work experience;
- Civil Engineering & Highways
- GradIOSH or working towards.
Competitive salary and package are on offer, aligned to candidate experience.
To apply, please email your CV to Kim Masterman, Recruitment Manager, at email@example.com or call for an initial discussion on 07917 512536.