MJ Church Plant Ltd, one of the leading Civil Engineering businesses in the South West, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced HGV Technician to join their Transport Vehicle Workshop team. This will be based in Marshfield, Chippenham, close to Bristol and Bath.
We have various shifts available within this role, to cover our operating hours of 6am – 10pm.
- Overtime at time and a half available.
- 20 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays.
- £15.50 per hour
- PM Shift bonus
- Company Pension Scheme.
The role will include working on a diverse range of modern trucks from manufacturers such as MAN, Scania, DAF and Renault, out of a state of the art, purpose-built facility.
Day to day duties to include:
- Carrying out diagnostic repairs and roadside breakdowns.
- Vehicle maintenance and PMI inspections.
- MOT preparations.
- Complying with time recording procedures and ensure that job cards are completed accurately.
- Completing service sheets as per MJ Church instructions.
- Reporting vehicle defects to Workshop Manager.
- Work in a safe and tidy manner.
- Qualification in heavy vehicle mechanics
- Experience in the repair and maintenance of HGV vehicles within the Commercial Vehicle Industry
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good problem solving skills.
- Full UK Driving licence
- HGV licence would be an advantage.
- Brand new workshop with modern facilities
- Mechanic pits to work from
- Ongoing training in technical and mechanical skills provided
To apply, please call Kim Masterman on 07917 512536 or email email@example.com