MJ Church Plant Ltd, one of the leading civil engineering businesses in the South West, have an exciting opportunity for an experienced HGV Technician to join the team in our Transport Vehicle Workshop located in Marshfield, Chippenham, close to Bristol and Bath.
- Operating on an alternating AM / PM shift basis (AM – 6am-2:30pm, PM – 1:30pm-10pm)
- Opportunities for overtime available after 8 hours.
- 20 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays.
- £15.50 per hour
- PM Shift bonus
- Company pension scheme.
You’ll be working on a diverse range of modern trucks from manufacturers such as MAN, Scania, DAF and Renault, working out of a state of the art, purpose-built facility.
What you’ll be doing day to day:
- Carrying out diagnostic repairs and roadside breakdowns.
- Vehicle maintenance and PMI inspections.
- MOT preparations.
- Complying with time recording procedures and ensure that job cards are completed accurately.
- Completing service sheets as per MJ Church instructions.
- Reporting vehicle defects to Workshop manager.
- Operate in a tidy and safe manner.
What you’ll need to join the team:
- Qualification in heavy vehicle mechanics
- Experience in the repair and maintenance of HGV vehicles within the commercial vehicle industry
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Problem solving skills.
- Full UK Driving licence
- HGV licence would be an advantage.