An amazing opportunity is now open for an Aggregate & Muck Away Fleet Manager to join our existing team at MJ Church in Chippenham. As a leading Transport Manager, you will oversee the fleet operationally (currently 32 and growing) and bring a commercial angle to the role too.
Working alongside our senior management team, you will be responsible for a number of direct reports within the department.
Day to day responsibilities will include;
- Complete responsibility for the profit and loss of Tipper and Aggregate lorry division
- Transport Routing overview, managing a team of routers, sales and admin to deliver efficiency.
- Coordinating with our Contracting team on schemes across the UK to deliver solutions for aggregate and Muck-away on major projects. Also build relationships with local suppliers in those areas for tipping, quarries and sub contract Transport. Set up operating centres on these schemes and build an onsite team if required.
- Must hold a Transport Managers CPC to sit on the company’s operators’ licence, working alongside a central lead Transport Compliance Manager, a Workshop Manager and 1 other to manage the Waste Division vehicles (30 vehicles). In total, the team size will be up to 5.
- Driver management; complete management of all drivers’ day to day, responsible for daily compliance, Health and Safety, HR etc. You have the support of a central team in all areas to assist with this.
- Monthly budgets and performance reports to board of Tipper division, directly reporting to Plant and Transport Director.
This is a full-time and permanent opportunity to join an exciting and forward-thinking company. With your knowledge and experience, you will add great value and contribute, bringing fresh ideas to the team.
To apply, please send your CV to Kim Masterman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.