MJ Church continues to closely monitor the potential impact of COVID-19 (“Coronavirus”) on its business and supply chains.
Following the UK Government announcement of a UK Coronavirus plan and the current World Health Organisation (WHO) standard recommendations for the virus, MJ Church is implementing the following steps to minimise infection risk to employees, partners and customers.
We are advising that all employees closely follow the infection control measures recommended by UK public health agencies. These include:
- Frequently washing hands with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds and where not able to do using a hand sanitising gel
- When coughing and sneezing, cover the mouth and nose with a flexed elbow or tissue – throw the tissue away immediately and wash hands adopting the Catch it, Bin it, Kill it approach.
- Anyone who has a fever, cough or feels unwell or suspects they may have the infection will be asked to contact the NHS services immediately and avoid contact with others until advised on next steps.
- Travellers returning from the high-risk areas (Category 1) are being advised to self-isolate, even if asymptomatic, and use the NHS services to find out what to do next. Those returning from Category 2 areas are being informed to self-isolate if they develop symptoms and call NHS services.
- Following MJ Church company protocols for dealing with waste which could be contaminated
We are regularly providing our managers and employees with up to date information on virus prevention and isolation protocols aimed at minimising risk.
We are also reviewing business continuity plans for process and functional priorities, recovery time objectives, work instructions and resource requirements.
Our business is continually monitoring the information and implementing the advice and protocols recommended by UK Government, WHO and Centre for Disease Control (CDC).
We are monitoring employees that are working remotely ensuring safety and wellbeing.
We are evaluating the potential effects of any interruption to our business operations and are developing a continuity management programme. This process will involve identifying potential threats to our organisation and our customers such as the inability to perform critical and essential processes. Should this occur, we will provide the most effective approach to restoring and resuming critical and essential functions and processes.
We continue to provide a full Waste Solutions service, including Skip deliveries to both business and residential customers – through our systems we are able to limit physical contact by taking photographs as proof of delivery and collection. All of our drivers are fully briefed and are observing the infection control measures laid out above. Ordering and payment can all be done by phone, as well as arranging collections, limiting contact.
Please speak with our teams on 01249 479350 to discuss your requirements